Although not always visible, have you noticed how long hair is able to accumulate in a vacuum cleaner filter or a drain? Long hair can create some problems with normal vacuum cleaners, as the unit sucks it up and it could then clogg the filter or cause other problems.
Below is a list of vacuum cleaners that are more effective if they operate in an area where long hair could be found.
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Our Recommended Vacuums for Long Hair in 2021
- 10) Shark Navigator Vacuum with HEPA filter
- 9) Dyson V8 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 8) Hoover WindTunnel HEPA Filter Bagged Vacuum
- 7) Bissell Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaner
- 6) Hoover Bagless Pet Swivel HEPA Filter Vacuum
- 5) Bissell 2998 Allergen Lift-off Pet Vacuum
- 4) Shark Z2S351 Ultra-Light Vacuum
- 3) Kenmore 31220 Triple HEPA Pet Vacuum
- 2) Dyson Ball HEPA filter Vacuum – Corded
- 1) Miele C3 HEPA Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Consideration For Vacuum Cleaners For Long Hair
- Attachments And Hose Lengths
- Bags Versus Bagless Vacuums
- A Powerful Vacuum Motor For Long Hair
- Does Size Matter?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Comments On The Best Vacuum For Long Hair
Our Recommended Vacuums for Long Hair in 2021
Just as the name suggests, this vacuum comes with a HEPA-Filter. Since this vacuum comes with a HEPA-Filter, long hairs – and dust particles, as well as smaller hairs – are filtered out, and removed, with ease. To go along with that, this vacuum has a strong suction system and reliable brush, making the task even easier.
- The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself The Zero-M self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal
- Use as an upright vacuum for powerful floor and carpet cleaning Or for more portability detach the canister to...
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + HEPA filter traps dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner
9) Dyson V8 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
For a fantastic stick vacuum, you cannot go wrong with Dyson. The sheer design quality of this vacuum, and the mobility/versatility it allows for, is more than worth the price. To go along with that, this vacuum offers efficiency that few other vacuums offer. Both features make it more than worth the price for anyone who needs a great vacuum.
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction; Washable lifetime filter
- Up to 40 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning; Instant release trigger means battery power is only used...
8) Hoover WindTunnel HEPA Filter Bagged Vacuum
The most unique feature this vacuum offers is WindTunnel Technology. Through the use of WindTunnel Technology, this vacuum generates channels of suction. Each one of these suction channels ensures that dirt, dust, debris, and hairs – of all sizes – flow into the vacuum with an ease and efficiency that few vacuums offer.
- HEPA MEDIA FILTRATION: Traps in 99.7% of dirt, dust, pollen, and allergens down to 0.3 microns so you can...
- MULTI-FLOOR ADJUSTMENT: Features 5 floor height adjustment settings so that you can move between hard floors...
- LONG CORD: The 30 foot cord allows you to go room-to-room without the hassle of unplugging
7) Bissell Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaner
Just as the name suggests, this vacuum is meant for removing pet hair. To accomplish this, the vacuum offers a tangle-free brushroll, which makes removing hair and dust a pleasant task, along with a strong suction system and some handheld tools. All of these enhance the vacuuming process, and make removing pet hair an easy task.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to...
- Powerful pet hair pick up in a lightweight and agile design
- Tangle-Free brush roll eliminates annoying hair wrap. Power Rating:7 Amps
6) Hoover Bagless Pet Swivel HEPA Filter Vacuum
The most unique feature this vacuum offers is a swivel feature. Even though this is an upright vacuum, you can swivel the vacuum around. That way, moving it in and out of small, narrow spaces is much easier. Plus, this swivel feature enhances the entirety of the vacuuming experience, allowing for greater mobility and versatility.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Multi-purpose pet tools tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs and hard to...
- SEALED ALLERGEN WITH HEPA MEDIA FILTRATION: Captures and contains 99% of dust and allergens with an odor...
- POWERFUL CLEANING ON ALL FLOORS: Simply steer around furniture and into tight spaces on carpet and hard floors...
5) Bissell 2998 Allergen Lift-off Pet Vacuum
Since this is a lift-off vacuum, you can remove the main part of the vacuum and bring it anywhere. Doing so grants you mobility and versatility. Both features go hand-in-hand with the overall efficiency this vacuum offers, ensuring that you can vacuum anything with ease and efficiency.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save...
- Lift-Off Technology. Removable canister provides portable pet hair cleaning anywhere.
- Tangle-Free Brush Roll. Actively prevents hair wrap.
4) Shark Z2S351 Ultra-Light Vacuum
A lightweight design, self-cleaning brushroll, and reliable suction system make this vacuum a great choice for those who need convenience and efficiency. Both the lightweight design and self-cleaning brushroll enhance the convenience this vacuum offers. A good suction system ensures that you can easily vacuum up long hairs.
- The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself. The Zero-M self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair...
- Thorough deep-carpet cleaning, and powerful suction to pick up debris from hard floors
- Equipped with an extra-large dust cup to give you the capacity to take on extended cleaning jobs without...
3) Kenmore 31220 Triple HEPA Pet Vacuum
Just as the name suggests, this is a pet vacuum. Because this is a pet vacuum, you can use this vacuum to remove long pet hairs. One of the ways the vacuum can do this is by generating a high RPM for the brush, and this makes removing long pet hairs from any surface, as well as dirt and dust, a nearly effortless task.
- BAGLESS UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dust and more with this lightweight multifloor, multi-surface...
- PET HANDIMATE: Air driven turbine spins roller brush to high RPM easily removing dander, stubborn pet hair and...
- WASHABLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.97% of debris, trapping dander and dust...
2) Dyson Ball HEPA filter Vacuum – Corded
The Dyson Ball is a unique vacuum. As the name implies, most of this vacuum is contained in a sphere-shaped unit. Moving this unit around is quite easy. But, along with that, this unit supports a number of attachments, all of which make vacuuming spaces and surfaces, of many varieties, quite easy.
- Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin High Performance HEPA Filter Upright Vacuum Fuchsia - Corded
- Instant-Release High-Reach Wand and Includes Accessories for all Floor, Delicate, Pet and Hard to Reach...
- Includes Dyson Ball Origin Upright Vacuum, Combination Tool, Stair Tool, Lifetime Washable HEPA Filter.
1) Miele C3 HEPA Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The 1,200-Watt Vortex Motor this canister vacuum relies upon is more than worth the price of admission. By relying on this motor, you can use this vacuum to remove dirt, dust, and debris from a multitude of surfaces, and to remove a variety of materials from those surfaces.
- Bundles Includes - Miele's AH50 GN Performance Pack - Comes With 16 Genuine Miele GN Airclean FilterBags, 1...
- Lightweight, Quiet and Powerful Thanks to Miele's Amazing 1200-Watt Vortex Motor / Made In Germany and Made To...
- AirClean Sealed System Construction, Perfect for any Allergy or Asthma Sufferer
Consideration For Vacuum Cleaners For Long Hair
Before deciding to buy a unit when dealing with long hair, there are some suggestions that you might take note of in order to make a choice between brush rows and units that have HEPA filters fitted.
Attachments And Hose Lengths
You would normally encounter places like stairs and corners and this is where the length of the hose and the supplied attachment really come into play. The particular attachment to deal with small spaces as well as stairs could make a huge difference and make your work a lot easier and quicker.
Bags Versus Bagless Vacuums
Both these types of units have advantages and disadvantages that one should consider. It depends on what your requirements are and one of the units could be a better choice than the other one.
A vacuum cleaner fitted with a bag reduces the chances of you spilling the collected dust and dirt when you least expect it. The chances for air pollution is a bit less, but the bag limits the flow of air somewhat and could reduce suction power. The bag would need cleaning or replacing regularly and that could be an added cost you should keep in mind.
Vacuum cleaners that do not use bags (bagless vacuum cleaners) have become more popular in recent times, and they also have better suction power as they do not have bags that would restrict the flow of air. They could however cause air pollution unless they perhaps have something like a HEPA filter fitted. One should also be very careful when cleaning the unit not to dump the contents into a toilet or sink, as this could cause other problems as well.
A Powerful Vacuum Motor For Long Hair
A vacuum cleaner with a powerful motor and suction power is essential when dealing with long hair, as it always gets into carpets and fabrics. It is however essential that the unit is cleaned regularly, to ensure that the motor always performs as well as it should.
Does Size Matter?
We suppose it all depends on the area that you would be cleaning, and then adjust you decision regarding size on this variable. In smaller spaces like studios or one-bedroom apartments the smaller units would cope well, but if you have a larger space to clean you would need something more substantial that would not work so hard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Always make the time to go through the User Manual – if all else fails, read the Manual! There are however some general questions with general answers – like avoid vacuuming wet hair as it might cause mold in bagless – as well as vacuums that have bags fitted. The mold could be detrimental to your health if the unit is switched on and then spreads the mold spores into the area you are cleaning.
Do I Need A Vacuum With A HEPA Filter For Long Hair?
If members of your family have some allergies, a unit with a HEPA filter would be quite valuable to address this problem. On the other hand a unit with a HEPA filter could also be a good choice for vacuuming long hair.
What Accessories Are Useful To Help Vacuum Long Hair?
Attachments that have bristles like a brush is always a very good option to use, as the hair tends to cling to carpets and fabrics. Attachments that only use the suction power and does not agitate the surface will leave hair behind and not work as well.
Final Comments On The Best Vacuum For Long Hair
On average every human will shed 75 strands of hair every day. Household animals like cats and dogs would shed considerably more… even to the extreme in some cases with certain animals. If keeping your space tidy, clean and free of hair is important, you would need a unit that would effectively do just that!
Always ensure that the attachments are suitable as mentioned before. The upright corded vacuum cleaners are normally a better choice than the cordless stick-type units, as they have more applicable features.
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have any questions, please add them below in the comment section. Similarly, please let us know if you spot any mistakes.
Last update on 2021-06-25 / Most affiliate links and/or Images from Amazon Product Advertising API