Laminated flooring is an excellent option for homeowners who want luxury flooring at a fraction of the cost. Depending on the brand or style you choose, it tends to be easier to maintain than wood or tiles while still looking just as good. Like all hard flooring, it requires special care and cleaning to maintain it properly. This will keep it in excellent condition and expand its lifespan.
An easy way to keep laminated floors clean is by using a vacuum. Using a vacuum specifically designed for these surfaces will ensure that the job gets done right while preventing damage. Knowing what to look for in a vacuum that should serve your specific flooring is very important. This article goes through the essential features that a vacuum designed for laminated flooring should have and discuss a few details of each. Read on for more!
- Our Recommended Vacuum for Laminate Floors in 2021
- 10) Miele Triflex HX1 Bagless Stick Vacuum
- 9) Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum
- 8) Bissell Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 7) ORFELD Cordless 17000pa Stick Vacuum
- 6) Hoover CH30000 Portapower Canister Vacuum
- 5) Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum
- 4) Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 3) Shark APEX AZ1002 Duoclean Upright Vacuum
- 2) Miele Classic C1 Turbo Canister Vacuum
- 1) Dyson V11 Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Our Recommended Vacuum for Laminate Floors in 2021
10) Miele Triflex HX1 Bagless Stick Vacuum
With this stick vacuum, you can clean any surface in your home. These surfaces include floors, walls, ceilings, furniture; and a wide variety of others. You can also vacuum on a variety of materials, including – of course – laminate floors. The mobility this vacuum offers goes well with the excellent suction power.
- Miele's unique 3in1 design for exceptional flexibility. Comfortable cleaning in all areas - floors, furniture...
- As strong as Miele’s most powerful corded vacuum series. For perfect cleaning results on all floors.
- 2 exchangeable VARTA Li-Ion batteries for up to 2x60 minutes run-time.
9) Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum
For a reliable canister vacuum that won’t break the bank, this is a great choice. Due to the simple and mobile design, you can move this canister vacuum with ease. By doing so, you can clean a plethora of surfaces, including laminate floors, as well as various other floor surfaces, and other surfaces entirely.
- Dirt cup capacity - 1.0 liter. Powerful, Yet Cleans Delicately To Protect Your Floor Surfaces
- Non Marking Rubber Wheels With Felt Treads. Power Rating: 7 Amps
- Compact And Lightweight It Is Easy To Maneuver And Store
8) Bissell Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Just as the title implies, this is a stick vacuum. Since this is a stick vacuum, you can hold the vacuum in one hand, and move it around with ease. You can easily vacuum any surface in your home, including your laminate floors. Just know, though, that especially thick floors and surfaces are a little difficult to vacuum.
- High Performance digital motor spins at up to 420 miles per hour for powerful cordless cleaning performance
- 22v Lithium ion Battery offers cordless convenience with three cleaning modes
- Our patented Tangle Free Brush Roll spins up to 3200 RPM, leaving no hair wrap behind and making it the vacuum...
7) ORFELD Cordless 17000pa Stick Vacuum
The fantastic suction power this stick vacuum offers makes it a great choice for nearly any vacuuming task. You can easily remove dirt, dust, and debris from a wide variety of surfaces, all of which are made from a wide variety of materials. Plus, this vacuum has a mobile design, only enhancing the vacuuming process.
- 【All Floor Cleaning】ORFELD V20 cordless vacuum cleaner is suitable for hard floor, tile floor, wooden...
- 【Two Suction Modes】Different suction power for different cleaning tasks. With Max 17000pa high suction,...
- 【Long Running time】Rechargeable Japanese Li-ion batteries provides up to 30mins fade-free strong suction,...
6) Hoover CH30000 Portapower Canister Vacuum
With a weight of only eight-pounds, this is one of the lightest canister vacuums available. You can harness the lightweight nature of this vacuum to vacuum just about anywhere. The suction power this vacuum offers makes it easy to vacuum most surfaces.
To enhance the overall experience, Hoover includes a stretch hose. You can use this stretch hose to vacuum ceilings and high-walls.
- ABOVE FLOOR CLEANING: Use the stretch hose to extend your cleaning reach into tight spaces vacuums cannot...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 8 pounds, carry it by hand or over your shoulder, enabling easy maneuverability and...
- BUILT-IN BLOWER: For jobs requiring forced air, built-in blower easy disseminates dust and debris.
5) Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum
For a commercial upright vacuum, you cannot go wrong with this one. Due to the strong brush, excellent suction power, and reliable design, you can vacuum just about anything. Plus, the aforementioned reliable design ensures this vacuum lasts for many years, without any problems.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Easy to use at 9 pounds for transportation from room to room and up stairways
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Lies virtually flat to tackle hard-to-reach places and takes up less space during storage
- POWERFUL SUCTION: High-speed, balanced, double helix brushes that spins at a maximum of 6500 RPMs.
4) Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Even though this is an all-around upright vacuum, Bissell has designed it with pets in mind. You can use this upright vacuum to remove pet hair from nearly any surface, including laminate floors. But, you can also use this upright vacuum to remove dirt, dust, and debris of all sorts, without any issues.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports the Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to...
- Triple Action Brush Roll loosens, lifts and removes embedded dirt and pet hair from multiple surfaces
- Scatter-Free Technology reduces scatter on hard floors
3) Shark APEX AZ1002 Duoclean Upright Vacuum
The Shark APEX AZ1002 is a lift-away vacuum. You can lift the vacuum away from the floor head, enabling you to clean nearly any surface or space in your home. Both the brush system and suction system are more than sufficient for any vacuuming task.
- Shark APEX featuring DuoClean, Powered Lift-Away, and self-cleaning brushroll technologies.
- DuoClean Technology: Dual brushroll system deep-cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished...
- The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself. The self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal.
2) Miele Classic C1 Turbo Canister Vacuum
The Miele Classic C1 is a fantastic canister vacuum. You are given access to a wide range of settings, all of which make tailoring the vacuuming experience to your needs nearly effortless. Along with that, the suction and brushing power is more than sufficient for most vacuuming tasks.
- This powerful but quiet Miele bagged canister vacuum has a turbo brush floorhead for low-medium pile carpet,...
- This lightweight and nimble Miele vacuum offers maximum maneuverability both around and underneath furniture....
- Miele’s unique AirClean System ensures maximum filtration consisting of a genuine Miele FilterBag, motor...
1) Dyson V11 Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Even though this canister vacuum is expensive, it’s more than worth the money. You receive one of the most comfortable designs a vacuum offers, excellent suction power, a useful brush, and some fantastic settings. All of these make vacuuming laminate floors quite easy, as well as a plethora of other surfaces.
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven...
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole...
Canister vacuums with a floor brush work best for bare flooring. They’re adaptable, powerful, and portable. If you want to push your vacuum instead of pulling it, you need to look at other options.
An upright vacuum can be pushed and works great if you have both bare and carpeted flooring. Most upright vacuums come with a spinning beater feature, which is perfect for carpets but not a good fit for hard flooring. The beater tends to push debris away before it gets suctioned, so you’ll have to look for a vacuum that has the option to turn this off.
Stick vacuums are cordless or electrical, convenient to use, lightweight, and perfect for laminated or hard flooring areas.
Essential Features to Look For
When deciding which vacuum to purchase, there are some additional features and accessories you can look for to get the best out of your vacuum. Below, they are listed:
Height adjustment: This ensures that the vacuum is on the right level no matter what surface it needs to clean.
Bagless: Since bagged vacuums are known for losing their effectiveness as the bag fills up with dirt, choosing a bagless vacuum is the better option. You’ll be able to see how the vacuum fills up and when it’s time to clean it. This results in a more efficient flow of air, which improves suction. If you decide to stick to a traditional vacuum, stocking up on filters and replacement bags is necessary. Replacing these regularly will improve the suction ability. If you have pets or allergies, a vacuum with HEPA filters is great to collect the tiniest bits of debris.
Batteries: If you plan to buy a cordless vacuum, make sure you have a spare battery on hand. Not only will this help you out in the rare event that one of the batteries gets damaged, but you’ll also have extra cleaning power on hand.
Cleaning Accessories: You don’t need to buy a different vacuum if you have an assortment of surfaces that needs cleaning. Purchasing a vacuum that comes with attachments, or purchasing these additionally, will allow you to use one vacuum for many tasks.
Protect Your Laminated Floor from Damage
If you want your laminated floor to last a lifetime, basic maintenance and extra precautions will really help. Staying away from brush rollers, trimming pet nails, and removing your shoes will prevent your flooring from getting scratched. If you sweep, dust, mop, or vacuum your laminated floors regularly, you’ll avoid the build-up of grit, which can wear the surface down. Protective mats at entryways and under furniture will help prevent damage.
Humidity also plays a significant role in the condition of laminated flooring. Leaving water on the floor too long or having a relative humidity level of more than 65% can cause damage over time.
Having laminated floors in your home is an excellent option if you’ll be able to maintain them. If you follow some basic cleaning tips and invest in a quality vacuum designed specifically for laminated floors, your floors will probably outlast you!
Last update on 2021-06-16 / Most affiliate links and/or Images from Amazon Product Advertising API