To clean a shag carpet, a vacuum cleaner is one of the best tools that you can use. A good vacuum cleaner makes it easy to get rid of all of the dirt and dust within the carpet. Instead of having to move very slowly, and thoroughly, you can simply push your vacuum, and it will pick up everything that’s within the carpet.
Here’s the problem, though: there are a lot of vacuum cleaners. In fact, there are so many vacuum cleaners available, that it can be hard to find the right one. That, and there are many vacuum cleaners that are better for certain kinds of carpeting.
Vacuum | Bestsellers
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In this buying guide, we’re going to look at eight of the best vacuum cleaners available. More specifically, eight of the best vacuum cleaners that you can use for shag carpets. Shag carpets are very dense and thick, and so you can use these vacuum cleaners on all kinds of carpets, as well!
- What Are The Best Vacuum Cleaners For Shag Carpets?
- 8) Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium Canister Vacuum
- 7) iRobot Roomba S9+ Robot Vacuum
- 6) Kenmore Elite Upright Beltless Vacuum
- 5) Shark Navigator Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum
- 4) Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
- 3) Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 2) Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum
- 1) Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- When Searching For The Best Vacuum Cleaner For A Shag Carpet
- What Kind Of Vacuum Do You Need?
- What Will You Be Vacuuming?
- What Is Your Budget?
What Are The Best Vacuum Cleaners For Shag Carpets?
8) Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium Canister Vacuum
The Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium Canister Vacuum is one of the most expensive canister vacuums available. But, even though it’s expensive, it’s also great.
Using this canister vacuum, you can vacuum on any surface. It doesn’t matter if it’s a shag carpet, or a couch cover; you can vacuum on it.
Due to the incredible suction power, and brush system, the Sebo Airbelt D4 Premium Canister Vacuum can vacuum on those surfaces in a very quick and efficient manner. It doesn’t take very long, and the cleaning process is nice and quick.
In the end, while it is expensive, you get a very well-designed and exceptionally powerful vacuum in return.
- Commercial-grade power head with amazing steering ability
- LED Suction-power indicator
- A 40-foot power cord and an amazing 50-foot cleaning radius
7) iRobot Roomba S9+ Robot Vacuum
The iRobot Roomba S9+ is a robot vacuum cleaner. It is one of the best and most advanced robot vacuum cleaners available.
Using this robot vacuum cleaner, you can vacuum on just about any surface. This includes any hard floor, and any soft floor, such as shag carpets, along with many others. Most robot vacuums aren’t that great at vacuuming on carpets, which is one of the key features that sets the iRobot Roomba S9+ apart from other robot vacuums.
What’s cool about the S9+ is that, using your smartphone, you can tell the vacuum what spaces and rooms to clean, when to clean them, and how to clean. It’s a very thorough and easy user experience!
However, the best thing about the iRobot Roomba S9+ is that it empties itself for you. When the dustbin is full, it goes to a device, that iRobot includes, and empties the dustbin. And then, it keeps on cleaning! This is truly a hands-off vacuum!
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic...
- OUR MOST ADVANCED CLEAN - You—and your home—deserve the best. With groundbreaking technology and a...
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then...
Despite the fact the iRobot S9plus robot vacuum is excellent at cleaning hard surfaces, it’s not the best for cleaning shag carpets. Therefore we recommend upright and canister vacuum cleaners described in this article.
6) Kenmore Elite Upright Beltless Vacuum
What’s unique about the Kenmore Elite Upright Beltless Vacuum is the 3D Inducer Motor. This is one of the most powerful motors available, and it combines the power of three different motors, to produce incredible suction.
When you are moving this vacuum around, you can clean any surface. This, of course, includes shag carpets. But, it also includes shag carpets that have lots of pet hair, pet dander, and all kinds of dirt and debris within them. This is due to the Pet Handimate component of this vacuum.
While this is an upright vacuum, it isn’t that heavy, and moving it around is easy. The design is clear and concise, and it’s very easy to understand and use.
- BAGGED UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dust and more with this multifloor, multi-surface designed vacuum for...
- PET HANDIMATE: Air driven turbine spins roller brush to high RPM easily removing dander, stubborn pet hair and...
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99. 97% of debris, trapping dander and dust...
For an upright vacuum, the Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum is quite light. It’s also easy to store, which is another feature that most upright vacuums lack.
What makes it great, though, is not just the mobility of the vacuum, but also the cleaning power it gives you.
You can use this vacuum to remove dirt, dust, and debris embedded within any shag carpet, along with any other carpet. This is due to the strong suction power that the motor generates, as well as the brushroll, which easily loosens up the gunk within your shag carpet.
When you combine mobility with efficiency, you get a very nice upright vacuum. It’s also very affordable, too!
- Dust cup capacity - 2.6 quarts. Never Loses Suction
- Lightweight and Maneuverable
- Superior Carpet & Bare Floor Cleaning
4) Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
As the name suggests, the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum is very light. It’s thin, and it’s very lightweight, so moving it around is a breeze.
Since this vacuum is so lightweight, you can pick it up and use it to vacuum on curtains, ceilings, and other spaces that are higher-up, or far-away.
When you’re vacuuming on shag carpets – or any carpet – the experience is quick and easy. You can press a button to switch between cleaning on hard floors and soft floors, and this adjusts the brushes and suction. The brushes and suction are well-made, and they make the vacuuming process easy. You also have a kit that you can use to clean the interior of your car.
- Converts into a handheld vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning
- Extra tools allows you to reach tight spaces, tackle pet hair and much more for a whole-home clean
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet cleaning
3) Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Right off the bat, you’re going to notice that the Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner has an incredibly sleek and nice design. It looks great, and using it feels great, too!
Underneath the vacuum, there are several wheels. These are soft wheels that seemingly glide across all forms of carpeting. Especially shag carpeting, due to the density of most shag carpeting.
When the vacuum moves across your shag carpets, it uses soft bristles to loosen up dirt and dust. These bristles are combined with sonic vibrations that loosen up the rest of the dirt and dust, and then suction is used to remove the remainder of it. It’s a simple and quick process that is great for any carpet.
- Developed with the leading global manufacturer of premium carpet. Designed to easily and properly clean all...
- The only vacuum to use patented SONIC CARPET CLEANING TECHNOLOGY. The sonic bar on the bottom of the vacuum...
- Ultra-soft bristle brushroll, designed to be extra gentle on carpet fibers.
2) Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum
When you are using the Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum to vacuum your shag carpet, you won’t have any problems. Moving it around is an easy and enjoyable experience, but it’s also an experience that gives you plenty of control.
While using the vacuum, there are various speed and suction settings that you can use, and these allow you to tailor the vacuuming experience to your exact needs. This gives you plenty of versatility.
In terms of suction power and cleaning ability, the Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum gives you quite a bit. Vacuuming on shag carpets is easy, and so is vacuuming on most other surfaces.
- Strong suction power: This lightweight, bagged Miele canister vacuum has a combination floorhead that is ideal...
- Versatile: Switch between 6 different suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned, whether...
- Maximum Filtration: Miele’s unique AirClean Sealed System with 3-tiered filtration ensures that no dust and...
1) Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum Cleaner has a clean and slick design. Everything is delineated and easy to understand.
While using the C3 to vacuum your shag carpets, the vacuum makes very little noise. It’s nice and quiet, instead of loud and annoying.
To use the vacuum, you must choose between one of two cleaner heads. The Parquet Floorbrush, or the Powerhead. Both of these cleaner heads are excellent, and they allow you to easily and effectively vacuum on shag carpets, and many other surfaces.
- Bundles Includes - Miele's AH50 GN Performance Pack - Comes With 16 Genuine Miele GN Airclean FilterBags, 1...
- Lightweight, Quiet and Powerful Thanks to Miele's Amazing 1200-Watt Vortex Motor / Made In Germany and Made To...
- AirClean Sealed System Construction, Perfect for any Allergy or Asthma Sufferer
When Searching For The Best Vacuum Cleaner For A Shag Carpet
In this section of the guide, you’re going to learn about three questions you need to ask, when searching for the best shag carpet vacuum cleaner.
What Kind Of Vacuum Do You Need?
There are many kinds of vacuum cleaners. Upright vacuum cleaners. Canister vacuum cleaners. Robot vacuum cleaners. Stick vacuum cleaners. Just to give you a few examples.
It’s important to figure out which kind of vacuum cleaner is the right one for you. If you want a swift and mobile vacuuming experience, then a stick vacuum cleaner is a good choice. Or, if you want something more traditional, then an upright or canister vacuum might be ideal.
Make sure you know what kind of vacuum you want, before you start searching.
What Will You Be Vacuuming?
Chances are, you’re going to be using this vacuum to vacuum surfaces other than just shag carpeting. If that’s the case, then it’s important to find a vacuum cleaner that is good at vacuuming those surfaces, and what’s on those surfaces.
For example, if you’re going to be vacuuming hard floors, then it’s easy to find a vacuum cleaner for that. Every vacuum cleaner is good at vacuuming hard floors. But, if those hard floors have lots of pet hair on them, then it’s good to find a vacuum cleaner that can easily remove that pet hair.
What Is Your Budget?
The last question you need to ask is “What is my budget?” Some vacuums are $500, and some vacuums are $80. Just because a vacuum is more expensive than another, doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s better.
It’s important that you know the kind of vacuum you want, what you’re going to be using it for, and then how much you are willing to spend. Knowing those things will make finding a good vacuum cleaner for your shag carpet so much easier!
Vacuum | Bestsellers
In the end, if you own a shag carpet, then it’s very important that you have a good vacuum cleaner. Even if you don’t own a shag carpet, a good vacuum cleaner is still an excellent cleaning device to have, and it will make your life a lot easier!
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have any questions, please add them below in the comment section. Similarly, please let us know if you spot any mistakes.
Last update on 2021-06-16 / Most affiliate links and/or Images from Amazon Product Advertising API