Traditional mops aren’t always that great at cleaning floors. Especially vinyl floors, which are easy to damage, and difficult to clean.
Instead of using a traditional mop, it’s better to use a steam mop. Steam mops use the power of steam-heated water – to loosen up and remove the dirt, gunk, grime, and stains that are on a wide variety of different surfaces, including vinyl floors.
Some steam mops are great for cleaning vinyl floors. But, there are plenty of steam mops that aren’t that great for vinyl floors. It’s not always easy to tell the difference.
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In this buying guide, you’re going to learn about the eight best steam mops for vinyl floors. These are the steam mops that do a fantastic job cleaning your vinyl floors and keeping those floors nice and clean.
You’re going to learn about these eight steam mops, and then you’re going to learn about the questions that you need to ask yourself. These are questions that have to do with specific traits of the steam mops you’re learning about, and what you need in a steam mop. From that information, you’ll have a good idea as to which steam mop is the best one for you.
- What Are The Best Steam Mops For Vinyl Floors in 2022
- 11) OApier S8 Steam Mop
- 10) PurSteam TP411 Steam Mop
- 9) LIGHT ‘N’ EASY S3101
- 8) Shark S1000A
- 7) Bissell Spinwave 2039A
- 6) Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe 1806
- 5) Shark S3501
- 4) Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
- 3) PurSteam Therma Pro 211
- 2) Shark Genius S5003D
- 1) Bissell PowerFresh 1940
- When Searching For The Best Steam Mop For Vinyl Floors
What Are The Best Steam Mops For Vinyl Floors in 2022
11) OApier S8 Steam Mop
The OApier S8 Steam Mop is a simple, affordable, and efficient steam mop. One of the most notable traits that sets this steam mop apart from others is its flexibility; you can swivel this steam mop and move it into spaces of all sorts.
Beyond the flexibility, this steam mop offers, you can clean just about any surface with this steam mop.
All of this cleaning is accomplished through the use of the accessories that OApier provides, along with the 212-degrees Fahrenheit steam power this steam mop generates. Both of these functions make cleaning any surface or mess – including vinyl – truly effortless.
- Square Swivel Mop Head - 360-degree rotatable mop head makes it easier to access hard-to-reach corners and...
- Deep Steam Cleaning - Super-heated steam provides 99.9% sanitation on hard floors with 212°F steam.
- Easy to Use - Just Press the button and wait about 20 seconds for steam output.
10) PurSteam TP411 Steam Mop
The PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner is a unique and effective steam mop. Much of what makes this steam mop unique is its shape, which is triangular. This triangular shape makes it easy for you to remove dirt, gunk, and grime from nearly any space or surface in your home.
For you to use this steam mop effectively, you will be relying on the many accessories PurSteam has included. Some of these accessories are as follows: a nylon brush, copper brush, and microfiber pad – along with several others.
You can use this steam mop to clean vinyl surfaces. For you to do so, you can rely on the basic mopping tools, and the excellent steam power this steam mop offers.
9) LIGHT ‘N’ EASY S3101
What the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop Floor Steamer lacks in novelty, it makes up for in power. This is one of the most powerful steam mops available, and it’s great for removing dirt, gunk, grime, and stains of all sorts.
If you have vinyl floors, you’ll have nothing but success with the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop Floor Steamer. But, if you have other floors, you’ll also have success. No matter what surface you need to steam clean, you’ll have plenty of success, because this is not only one of the most powerful steam mops available, but it’s also one of the most versatile.
- Super lightweight design (3. 5 pounds without water) to ensure an easy and pleasant experience without...
- Compelling 1150W high temperature steamer, provide the powerful natural steam within 20s, easy to remove...
- Wider mopping face,wiht flexible mop head, This allows faster cleaning and yet able to reach tight areas,...
8) Shark S1000A
You’re going to notice that the Shark Steam Mop is one of the cheapest steam mops in this guide. It’s cheap, lightweight, and incredibly basic. If you just need a good steam mop that works well enough and can clean vinyl floors, this isn’t a bad choice.
Using the Shark Steam Mop is very easy. Fill up the water tank, put on a mopping pad, and that’s it. There isn’t anything particularly unique about the Shark Steam Mop, in comparison to the other steam mops that are available. But, the Shark Steam Mop isn’t designed for thick stains and messes. For vinyl floors, you shouldn’t have any problems, though.
- Water tank capacity 12.68 fluid ounce. The power of steam Made easy
- Effortlessly clean and sanitize with just water sanitization studies were conducted under controlled test...
- Removes grease and grime no chemicals and no residue
7) Bissell Spinwave 2039A
The BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner is a very simple mop that is also incredibly powerful.
To use this mop, you just need to put two pads on both of the spin pads. You have two soft touchpads and two scrubby pads. For stains that are light and easy to remove, you’ll be using soft touchpads. But, if your vinyl floors have some thick stains on them, then the scrubby pads are good.
What’s nice about the Bissell Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop And Cleaner is the fact that the spin pads, well, spin. They spin quickly, and this allows the stains and messes to be scrubbed up, without you having to do the scrubbing. Since the scrubbing is gentle but efficient, it doesn’t damage your vinyl floors.
- Powered hard floor mop scrubs your floors so you don't have to
- Safe for cleaning sealed, hard surface floors; 28 ounce clean water tank capacity. Power rating : 0.9 ampere
- Includes soft touch pads for gentle cleaning on hardwood floors and scrubby pads for tough, sticky messes
6) Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe 1806
When you take a look at the Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop, you’ll notice that it looks like every other steam mop. But, when you look at the mopping pad, you’ll notice something peculiar: the mopping pad is removable. When you remove the mopping pad, it’ll reveal the SpotBoost Brush, which is an excellent little brush for removing small stains and messes that require precision.
In terms of cleaning power, the Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop is quite good. It’s nothing special, but for removing stains and messes from a variety of hard floors, including vinyl floors, it works well. But, it’s the simple and versatile design that makes it great.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to...
- Sanitize your hard floors to eliminate 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria without the use of harsh chemicals;...
- Powerfresh deluxe steam mop has an on board spot boost brush to remove tough, sticky messes
5) Shark S3501
Everything about the Shark Steam Pocket Mop is essential. There aren’t any extraneous design features or attributes, and everything is laid out with clarity. The Shark Steam Pocket Mop doesn’t have the most appealing aesthetic design, but using it is as easy as it can be.
To use the Shark Steam Pocket Mop, you need to fill up the tank with water and attach a microfiber pad. Then, you can start moving the mop across your vinyl floors, gently and with precision. For vinyl floors, the lightness of the mop is great, and the same goes for the mopping pads you’ll be using, which are great at removing stains and making sure the vinyl floors don’t get scratched.
- The Shark Steam Pocket Mop turns ordinary water into super-heated steam to remove everyday dirt and grime that...
- Powerful steam on demand - natural mopping motion delivers super-heated steam in just 30 seconds, and dries...
- 99.9% sanitization against germs and bacteria
4) Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is a powerful and versatile steam cleaner. You can use this steam cleaner to steam clean any surface or space – including vinyl surfaces – as a result of the various accessories it comes with, and the excellent steam power.
While using this steam cleaner, you are given access to 275-degrees Fahrenheit of steam power. For steam, that’s a great temperature, making it easy to remove stains and messes of all sorts. As soon as you combine this steam power with the plethora of accessories that Dupray includes, your experience becomes powerful and versatile.
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
3) PurSteam Therma Pro 211
For versatility and affordability, the PurSteam Therma Pro 211 is one of the best purchases you can make.
You can use the PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner to remove stains, dirt, gunk, and grime from hardwood surfaces, stainless steel surfaces, tile surfaces, and vinyl surfaces; along with a plethora of other surfaces. Some of these surfaces are not meant to be steam cleaned, but you can with this steam cleaner.
All of this versatility comes from the mobile design of the steam cleaner, along with the many attachments that PurSteam includes. Both of these qualities come together, to create a fantastic steam mopping experience, enabling you to clean anything.
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean...
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors...
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's...
2) Shark Genius S5003D
To use the Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System, you need to do a few things. First off, fill up the water tank, so that you have the steam to use. And then, put on the washable pad that you’re going to be using. Finally, choose which steam setting you would like to use.
Most steam mops don’t give you a lot of choices when it comes to the temperature of the steam and how much of it is used. That’s why the Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System is quite special because you have three different steam settings to choose from. Each one of those settings works well and allows you to tailor the steam mopping process to the exact needs you have.
- Water tank capacity: 220 milliliter 3 setting intelligent steam control.Watts: 1200. Volts: 110-120 volts
- Double sided dirt grip washable pads
- Genius head with direct steam channeling
1) Bissell PowerFresh 1940
The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop merges the various steam mop design trends into one complete steam mop. If you’re looking for novelty and unique design features, this may not be the right steam mop. But, if you’re looking for something affordable and reliable, then keep reading.
What’s nice about the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop is that it’s easy to move around, you have access to three different steam settings, and you can flip down the mop pad and use it as a scrubber, among several other features. None of these things are that notable, in themselves, but they make for an easy and enjoyable mopping process.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99.9 percent of germs and...
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
When Searching For The Best Steam Mop For Vinyl Floors
What Is Your Budget?
What’s great about steam mops is that there are a lot of them, and they all tend to vary in price. This means that it isn’t difficult for you to find a very inexpensive steam mop or a very expensive steam mop.
No matter what your budget is, you’ll be able to find the right steam mop. So, it’s important to make sure that you know what your budget is before you start looking at different steam mops. It will make the search a lot easier, and a lot quicker.
Does The Steam Mop Allow You To Adjust The Amount Of Steam Being Produced?
Not everyone will find this to be a useful feature, but a lot of people will. When you can adjust the amount of steam being produced, you’re able to clean various spaces and surfaces exactly that you wish to clean them. You have a lot more control over the steam mop, and the mopping process.
If that’s what you want/need, then it’s best to find a steam mop that gives you those settings. But, if it isn’t that big of a deal, then you don’t need to find a steam mop with those settings.
How Versatile Is The Steam Mop?
Versatility, in this context, refers to how easy it is for you to move the steam mop around, as well as the different kinds of surfaces that you’re able to clean.
Make sure to find a lightweight steam mop – under ten pounds – that offers features such as swivel steering. Those two features will make it easier for you to use the steam mop.
When it comes to the different surfaces you can mop, most steam mops give you the ability to mop on just about every hard floor. But, several steam mops are designed for a variety of other surfaces, as well — surfaces such as sheets, curtains, couches, along with various others.
If a steam cleaning would benefit those particular surfaces, then it would be good to find a steam cleaner that offers that versatility.
Vinyl floors are beautiful but delicate. Most regular mops just aren’t designed to clean vinyl floors. But, steam mops, on the other hand, do a wonderful job cleaning vinyl floors!
With the right steam mop, not only are you able to clean your vinyl floors, but you’re also able to clean a wide variety of other floors and surfaces, as well!
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have any questions, please add them below in the comment section. Similarly, please let us know if you spot any mistakes.
Previously in Our Recommended List
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY 7338ANW
The LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop is a square-shaped steam mop. This shape is great for cleaning larger spaces, on your vinyl floors. Naturally, you can also use this steam mop on many other hard floors, especially those made of wood, laminate, and tile. If you have carpets, the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop works on them, as well, but you have to mop slowly.
Aside from the square shape, which is unique, the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop is similar to most of the other steam mops that you’ll find. But, it offers a great deal of mobility and some excellent steam power.
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API