Are you sick and tired of cleaning your tiled floors and afterward, it feels like they are yet to be cleaned as they are either drenched in water still or the dirt has spread around on the tiles? That’s why it is key that you pick the best tile mop to suit your needs.
Like most objects, tile mops can come in all shapes and sizes and they are made with unique materials to make sure that you never have to have scratched tiles after cleaning and it has been ergonomically made to ensure correct health and safety protocols have been followed.
With this quick guide, you can help decide which tile mop is best for your household.
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Recommended Mop for Tile Floors in 2022
10) Yocada Sponge Mop
For a simple, but effective, sponge mob, you cannot go wrong with this one. Due to the simple design of this sponge mop, you can pick it up and move it across your tile floors with ease. Along with that, the sponge this mop relies on is thick, and more than capable of scrubbing up dirt, gunk, and grime.
- How to install the sponge head: Aim at the groove, use your strength to insert the iron clamp on the sponge...
- Sponge Mop Honeycomb Sponge: The mop has total 2 sponge heads in the box. Honeycombed sponge design is more...
- Sponge Mop Adjustable Iron Pole: The handle can be adjusted from 42.5 inch to 52 inch. Anticlockwise screw the...
9) Rubbermaid Commercial Cellulose Sponge Mop
The nice thing about this sponge mop is the steel handle it relies on. Because of this steel handle, as well as the other durable components the mop relies on, you won’t have to worry about the mop breaking or needing to be repaired. To go along with that, though, this mop is more than sufficient for cleaning up most stains and messes.
- Synthetic sponge mop heads
- Handle mounted lever allows for squeeze-action wringing
- Durable steel handle
8) HOMTOYOU Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
By purchasing this floor mop, you receive four mopping pads. Each one of these mopping pads can be washed, and won’t need to be replaced for quite some time. While using this mop, you are able to rotate the pad by 360-degrees, making it a lot easier for you to mop in spaces and areas that other mops are unable to access.
- Adjustable Microfiber Mop: 360 degree rotating mop head, good for high or hard room corner, of good auxiliary...
- Easy to use and Economic: The mop covers are washable and reusable. Made by professional microfiber cleaning...
- Durable Hardwood Floor Mop: The clips hold the pads on very securely. The material of the rack is durable...
7) Aootek Spin Mop and Bucket
Just as the name suggests, this is a spin mop. Since this is a spin mop, you can mop larger spaces, and spin the mop around for a more thorough scrubbing experience. Right after you do this, you can put the mop in the mopping tub, spin it automatically, and loosen the water and gunk that’s been accumulated.
- Our spin mop dry basket is Stainless Steel, unlike other who uses plastic or aluminum. The handle is also...
- No foot pedal, No plastic spinning axis, No other unnecessary moving parts (wheels, agitator) to break or...
- Super microfiber mop head (x3) mops better than cotton, dries floor instantly, and leaves no streaks. Machine...
6) PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner
For a good steam mop, you cannot go wrong with this one. Since this is a steam mop, you can easily remove dirt, gunk, and grime, of all sorts, from any tile floor. But, along with that, this steam mop offers a fair amount of mobility, giving you the option to steam clean just about any other surface or space.
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean...
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors...
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's...
5) MayShine Microfiber Mop
For a mop that is affordable, and useful, you cannot go wrong with this one. A stainless steel handle, aluminum frame, and ABS plastic mop pad holder ensures that this mop will last for quite some time. Each one of those features enhances the mop pads that this mop comes with, giving you the ability to mop up stains and messes with ease.
- 360 ROTATING FLOOR CLEANING SYSTEM: With a flat mop that rotates a full 360 degrees, a handle that extends to...
- 5 REUSABLE AND WASHABLE MICROFIBER PADS: Microfiber is a great material for all things cleaning! It absorbs...
- USE AS A WET MOP OR A DUST MOP: Works great as a wet mop with standard cleaning solutions or as a dry dust mop...
4) Hurricane Spin Mop
Just as the name suggests, this is a spin mop. The spinning functionality gives you the ability to more thoroughly remove dirt, gunk, and grime from your floors. Along with that, this spinning functionality allows for a speedier experience. Right after you’re finished mopping, you can place the mop in the bucket, spin it out, and your mop will be free of the dirt, gunk, and grime that it has gathered up.
- NEXT GENERATION MOP & BUCKET SYSTEM: it’s not just a mop, it’s an entire cleaning system that spins away...
- SUPER-ABSORBENT SPINNING MOP HEAD: our spinning microfiber mop heads grab liquid and messes so you’re not...
- LAYS FLAT: Hurricane Spin Mop lays flat so you’ll never have to bend over and move furniture. Easily reach...
3) Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501
For a steam mop that’s a little smaller, and a little more mobile, than many others, you cannot go wrong with this one. Since this is a steam pocket mop, you can hold it with one hand, and steam clean nearly any floor or space. Tile floors can, of course, be steam cleaned with ease.
- SUPER-HEATED STEAM: The Shark Steam Pocket Mop turns ordinary water into super-heated steam to remove everyday...
- QUICK & EFFORTLESS: Get on-demand steam ready in just 30 seconds for quick & easy results.
- NO CHEMICALS OR RESIDUE: With the power of steam, you can remove grease and grime with just water — no...
2) Turbo Mop Microfiber Mop
When you purchase this mop, you receive two microfiber mopping pads, and two scrubbing pads. Both of these pads work well, and are great for removing stains, germs, gunk, and grime from most floors. The simple, but reliable, design of this mop gives you plenty of mobility, while also ensuring that the mop lasts for a long time, without any issues.
- EFFECTIVE - Designed to pick up dirt, dust, pet hair, and other debris, these mops for floor cleaning know how...
- SWIVEL ACTION - Take this hardwood mop for a spin! It features a 360-degree rotating head to effortlessly wipe...
- ADJUSTABLE - Our floor duster has a sturdy, aluminum, telescoping handle that extends up to 60" for easy...
1) O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
If you compare this spin mop to the others in this guide, you won’t find much of a different. But, what you will find is a spin mop that works very well, doesn’t cost too much money, and comes with two spin mop pads, both of which work well. As such, if that is what you need, then this is a fantastic spin mop to purchase.
- REMOVES OVER 99% OF BACTERIA W/ JUST WATER: O-Cedar's EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning...
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: Our exclusive mop bucket design features a built-in wringer that allows for hands-free...
- WASHABLE & REUSABLE MOP REFILLS: The EasyWring Microfiber Mop Head can be machine washed and reused! Keep an...
Different Types of Tile Mop
Ensuring that you have a clean tile floor not only makes your house look sparkling clean but also can ensure the longevity of the tiles which means that you won’t be having to replace your tiles anytime soon.
Like most products people buy, the quality of your purchase will easily determine how it affects your tiled floor. Due to tiled floors being prone to getting grimy fast, you should know which cleaning mop is the best for you to clean the dirt away.
A few of the different tile mops available for you on the market are as follows:
1. Steam Mops
As the title suggests, steam mops use a mixture of wet and dry steam heat to clean and kill those nasty germs off the floor. Under the steam jet, a steam mop has a microfiber pad to trap the dirt and germs.
Steam mops also contain small water tanks that can heat up to approximately 120 degrees centigrade. Depending on the type of steam mop that you choose to purchase they may include in-built strips which help in scrubbing tough stains and a pad for those softer cleaning needs.
You will not have to use any cleaning agents or detergents with steam mops and the heads will not have to be replaced like other mops.
2. Microfiber Mops
These types of mops tend to be among the most durable as they have an aluminum handle and a metal mop head. The microfiber mops can also have the ability to spin a full circle at 360 degrees which makes it handy to clean under the hardest to reach spots.
Due to the microfiber mop pads being reusable and able to be refilled, it does mean that you will not have to replace them as often which will not only save you money with your grocery bills but also a bonus is that they are good for the environment.
If you are looking to buy a tiled mop for either an elderly relative or someone with a disability, the microfiber mops are very light-weight and easy to move around. They are also great at cleaning up those dastardly pet hairs that are always left around and clings to everything.
3. Sponge Mops
Similar to the flat mops, the sponge mop uses well, sponges instead of pads and great for absorbing liquid faster and easily. These mops are great if you have little children around that often spill messes on your tiled floors.
4. Spin Mops
These mops are the ones that most cleaning businesses use as they come already with their bucket and pedal. You will only need to give the pedal a push with your foot and the water will wring out as the mop absorbs all the water whilst cleaning your tiled floor.
5. Static Mops
Last, but not least we have the static mops which are similar to the flat mops but the dusters include microfiber material instead of bristles. These mops are best used for attracting dirt and dust without having It spread further around on the tiled floor.
The best type of mops for your tiled floor are the ones that will ensure that your tiles continue to not only sparkle but also have a long-lasting life in your house before they are having to be replaced. If you do have any animals running around in your household then the microfiber mop is your best bet.
What floors can’t be mopped?
Most hard floors can be mopped however if you have waxed or unsealed wooden floors, avoid mopping them as the water can damage the wood and if your flooring is stone tiles, the best thing to use to clean them is a microfiber mop and old-fashioned water as the chemicals involved with the other mops can damage the stone.
How to mop effectively
When mopping there are a few key points to remember before diving headfirst into the chore. Some of these are common-sense rules like making sure the surface you are about to clean is clear of any other objects that might get in your way and of course doing a sweep of the area before mopping. A sweep will help get rid of most of the crumbs and dust so that when you do mop you aren’t again spreading the dirt around as you try to clean.
Other points are a bit more less-known like always ensure that you use warm water as this helps to loosen the dirt particles more effectively than colder water but don’t use boiling water as this will have the opposite effect and can damage your tiled floor.
Last but not least, do not over-wet your floors- this is an easy thing to do but make sure to remember to wring your mop out as much as you can before cleaning the tiled floor and also changing the water when it starts to look dirty.
How often should I replace my floor mop?
You should be looking to replace your mop-head about once every three months or maybe even earlier whenever it starts to look a bit shabby. Storing your mop in a cool, dry place will help to increase its longevity and most brands do sell replacement mop heads or are included when you purchase your floor mop.
Click question to see answer
Is it okay to use a mop with vinegar solutions when cleaning?
If you aren’t fussed about cleaning your floors manually then grab one of the mops we have outlined above or if you are more a technology orientated family and have a bit more money to spend then you could always check out the robot mops which are available on the market. Whichever mop you should end up choosing should help you complete your job hassle-free and leave your tiled floors sparkling and gleaming.
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API