Hardwood floors are easily some of the most beautiful floors around. It’s natural that we’d all like to keep our hardwood floors looking immaculate. But, of course, that isn’t always the easiest thing to do.
Floors are meant to be walked on, and since that’s the case, it’s natural that we’d get dirt and grime on our floors. When that happens, it’s important that we take the time to clean them and to get rid of all of that dirt and gunk.
Sometimes a basic mop and broom just doesn’t cut it. Sometimes, you need something else, something a little more powerful.
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Today, there are all kinds of different floor cleaning machines. Many of these machines are specifically designed for cleaning hard floors.
In this guide, you’re going to learn about eleven of the very best hardwood floor cleaning machines. And then you’re going to learn about what to consider when you’re searching for the very best machine for yourself!
- Our Recommended Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines in 2021
- 11) Wagner Spraytech C900134.M HomeRight
- 10) Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
- 9) Bissell Symphony Vac And Steam 1132A
- 8) Hoover BH55210 Onepwr FloorMate Jet
- 7) Bissell Crosswave 1785A
- 6) Bissell Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop 2039A
- 5) Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
- 4) Hoover PowerDash Pet FH41000
- 3) Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro 2306A
- 2) Tineco iFLOOR3 Cordless
- 1) Bissell 2554A CrossWave Cordless Max
- What To Consider?
Our Recommended Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines in 2021
11) Wagner Spraytech C900134.M HomeRight
Using the Wagner Spraytech Elite Multi-Purpose Mop gives you many distinct advantages. Namely, the fact that you can clean not only hard floors, but many different surfaces as well!
You see, this is a steam cleaner, and you can use this steam cleaner to clean just about anything. To do that, just pour some water into a small tank, wait for the water to heat up and turn into steam, and then use whatever attachments you feel are necessary, and begin cleaning!
If you need to clean thick and dirty stains and messes, then the Wagner Spraytech Elite Multi-Purpose Mop is a great choice! Especially if you want a device that can clean just about any surface, instead of just hardwood floors.
- CLEAN YOUR FLOORS WITH STEAM: The triangle steam mop and cleaning pad are perfect for use on stained concrete,...
- REFRESH YOUR CARPET: The carpet glider accessory is great for freshening carpets and killing dust mites
- THE POWER OF STEAM: The Steam Machine Elite uses pressurized, high-temperature steam to loosen and dissolve...
10) Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
Using the Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner, you have access to two cleaning modes. The first cleaning mode is “Wash Mode”, which uses brushes and water to clean your hardwood floors, removing any stains and gunk. Then, you have “Dry Mode”, which involves the floor cleaner sucking up the excess water that’s on the floor.
While you are using the Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner, you can apply water and stain to your floor, at any point. Just press a button, and that’s all you need to do. This lets you tailor the cleaning experience to your floors.
When it comes to the overall performance of this hardwood floor cleaner, it’s very good. You can easily clean the stains and gunk off of your hardwood floors, and it doesn’t long to do this. But, one thing to take note of is that this is meant for floors that aren’t very dirty.
- HARDWOOD, LAMINATE, VINYL, AND TILE CLEANER: SpinScrub Brushes deliver the Best clean while gently and safely...
- DUAL TANK TECHNOLOGY: Keeps clean and dirty water separate so you never put dirty water back on the floor
- WASH-DRY MODE: Selection Wash mode uses brushes to clean while suctioning up excess water while dry mode stops...
9) Bissell Symphony Vac And Steam 1132A
Just as the name implies, the Bissell Symphony Vac And Steam is a vacuum, and a steam cleaner. It’s great for vacuuming up dirt, dust, and debris, and it’s also great for removing thick stains and grime that just won’t come off.
While you are using this device, you can vacuum and steam at the same time. This is a great feature, because it saves you a lot of time and energy. If you only want to use one feature, though, you can do that by pressing a button on a small digital console that’s on the handle.
In terms of performance and efficiency, the Bissell Symphony Vac And Steam is a very powerful device. It makes quick work of just about any stain, and is great for doing a nice, thorough clean on your hardwood floors! But, it is a little expensive, since it’s two devices in one, so keep that in mind.
- Vacuum and steam your hard floors at the same time
- Sanitize* floors using the natural power of steam, eliminating 99.9% of germs and bacteria*. Dry Tank...
- Easy Touch Digital Controls. Switch between vacuum, steam, or both
8) Hoover BH55210 Onepwr FloorMate Jet
The Hoover ONEPWR FloorMate Jet Hard Floor Cleaner is a device that has a very beautiful aesthetic design. While using this hard floor cleaner, you’re not going to have any issues with movement or accessibility.
Using the Hoover ONEPWR FloorMate Jet is an easy experience. And, this is because it uses brushes, water, cleaning detergent, as well as vacuuming, to clean your hardwood floors. When these processes are taking place, it makes it very easy for you to remove all of the stains, gunk, dirt, dust, and grime that are on your hardwood floors.
What’s cool about this device, too, is that you can choose when to use stain and water. Just press a button, and you’ll spray as much as you need, making it easier to deal with particular stains and messes.
- Vacuums while washing: For one-step cleaning on multiple sealed surfaces including hardwoods, tile and...
- Cordless: Delivers cord-free convenience powered by the removable and rechargeable ONEPWR 3.0 Ah battery
- Microfiber brush roll: Gently washes & scrubs to loosen debris and clean multiple floor types
7) Bissell Crosswave 1785A
In many ways, the Bissell CrossWave Floor And Carpet Cleaner is quite similar to the Bissell Symphony Vac And Steam. Using the Bissell CrossWave, you’re able to wash and vacuum your hard floors at the same time, and the overall design and features are very simple.
What separates the Bissell CrossWave Floor And Carpet Cleaner from the BISSELL Symphony Vac And Steam is performance. Using the CrossWave, it’s easier for you to remove thick chunks of dirt and dust. This is accomplished using a very powerful brush system.
If you’re dealing with dirt and dust, rather than stains and grime, then the BISSELL CrossWave Floor And Carpet Cleaner can be a great hardwood floor cleaning machine!
- Vacuums And washes your floors at the same time; surface type: bare floors
- Multi Surface Machine Cleans Both Sealed Hard Floors And Area Rugs. Power Rating 4.4 Amperes
- Dual Action Multi Surface Brush Roll Uses An Innovative Microfiber And Nylon Brush To Mop And Pick Up Dry...
6) Bissell Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop 2039A
The Bissell Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop is a great floor mop that works a little differently than most other mops. Instead of you having to scrub with the mop, the mop pads spin at 360-degrees, which produces the scrubbing motion for you.
Bissell gives you two soft touch pads, which are for simple and easy cleaning. You also have two scrubby pads, which are for thick and difficult messes. And, what’s cool is that you also have two small bottles of cleaning solution!
Using the Bissell Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop, mopping is much easier, and you’re able to quickly remove dirt, dust, gunk, and stains that are on your hardwood floors.
- Powered hard floor mop scrubs your floors so you don't have to
- Safe for cleaning sealed, hard surface floors; 28 ounce clean water tank capacity. Power rating : 0.9 ampere
- Includes soft touch pads for gentle cleaning on hardwood floors and scrubby pads for tough, sticky messes
5) Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
Just like the Wagner Spraytech Elite Multi-Purpose Mop, the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is, well, a steam cleaner. And this means it’s exceptionally powerful, and great at removing just about anything on your hard floors.
Using steam, you’re able to quickly and effectively remove all kinds of nasty stains, gunk, and grime from your hardwood floors. And, this steam cleaner is great at doing that. But, what’s also really nice is that the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner also small and portable. Moving it around is super easy, and with all of the different attachments, you can tailor the cleaning experience to your exact needs.
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
4) Hoover PowerDash Pet FH41000
The Hoover PowerDash Pet FH41000 is a very effective wet/dry vacuum. Much of this comes from the excellent design of the vacuum, which allows for tremendous agility and flexibility. Moving this vacuum around makes it easy for you to clean in any space.
Beyond the flexibility of this vacuum, though, the cleaning features are quite useful. The SpinScrub Brushes make quick work of dirt, gunk, and grime, while also allowing you to gather up dirt, dust, and debris from the various surfaces on your floors.
Both the mopping and vacuuming work very well. You can mop just about anything with ease. For hard surfaces, the vacuuming is equally as good, removing dirt, dust, and debris with ease.
- SAFE ON SEALED FLOORS: Tackles tough messes on hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile floors with ease
- FASTER DRYING: Squeegees and suctions to lift dirty water so you can get back on your floors quicker
- SPINSCRUB BRUSHES: Brushes gently cleans textured flooring
3) Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro 2306A
The Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro 2306A is, just as the name implies, a wet/dry vacuum meant for pets. Since this wet/dry vacuum is meant for pets, the functions that it offers make cleaning up after pets easy and pleasant.
To clean up after your pets, this wet/dry vacuum relies on a pet brush roll and pet hair strainer. Both of these features enable you to remove pet hair with ease, while also removing pet stains from your floor.
For removing pet stains, the mopping is instrumental. You can use the pet brush roll, mixed with water and cleaning solution, to remove any pet stain quickly and with tremendous efficiency.
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product...
- Vacuums and washes your floors at the same time. Power cord length: 25 feet
- Pet pro 2306A features a multi surface pet brush roll and pet hair strainer for easy multi surface cleaning....
2) Tineco iFLOOR3 Cordless
The Tineco iFLOOR3 Cordless is a cordless wet/dry vacuum. Since this is a cordless wet/dry vacuum, you can move this vacuum into just about any space, enabling you to clean almost anywhere with ease.
Both the vacuuming and mopping functions this wet/dry vacuum offers are fantastic. You can remove dirt, gunk, and grime from your hard floors with ease. For vacuuming up dirt, dust, and debris – even on softer surfaces, such as thick carpets – the vacuuming function works just as well as the mopping function.
All of the components this wet/dry vacuum uses are reliable and durable. You can use this wet/dry vacuum for a long time, without being forced to deal with any issues or problems.
- Save time by vacuuming and washing floors in one easy step, leaving floors instantly dry and streak free.
- Picks up messy, sticky spills and pet hair on all sealed hard floors, including hardwood, tile, laminate,...
- iFLOOR 3 features powerful suction, and cleans quietly without disturbing your family and pets.
1) Bissell 2554A CrossWave Cordless Max
The Bissell 2554A CrossWave Cordless Max is exceptionally powerful. Mopping and vacuuming work just as well as the most powerful versions of those devices, enabling you to mop and vacuum any surface in the easiest and most effortless manner possible.
Beyond the efficiency this device offers, convenience is another key feature. Since this vacuum is cordless, you can move it just about anywhere. But, along with that, this vacuum also offers smart functionality. You can use your smartphone to access some of the settings this vacuum offers, while also receiving access to maintenance reports, usage tips, and other valuable information.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to...
- Vacuum and wash your floors at the same time with cordless freedom.
- Up to 30 minutes of cordless cleaning power with a 36V lithium ion battery.
What To Consider?
What Kind Of Machine Are You Purchasing?
Right off the bat, it’s important that you know what kind of machine you’re going to be purchasing.
For example, if you want a mop, you need to consider what kind of mop you’re going to purchase. Is it a steam mop? A spin mop? A regular mop? It’s important to ask those questions about any particular machine that you’re looking to purchase.
Just as a general rule, the three kinds of hardwood floor cleaning machines you’re likely to encounter are steam cleaners, mops, and vacuum-mop combinations. Depending on what your hardwood floors are like, one of those machines will be better for you than the others.
What Do You Need To Clean?
It’s important to consider the kinds of things that you’ll be removing from your hardwood floors. Some machines are better than others at cleaning certain things, and certain machines are better at cleaning certain materials than others.
If you just need to remove dirt and dust, then a vacuum cleaner – or even a broom – would be more than sufficient.
Perhaps, though, you need to remove some stains and grime that have been on the floor for a long time. In that case, a really good mop might be good, but a steam cleaner would be better at removing those things quickly and more thoroughly.
What’s Your Budget?
Finally, the last thing that you need to consider is the amount that you are willing to pay for this hardwood floor cleaning machine. When you know what machine you need, what you need to clean, and what your budget is, it’s much easier to find the right machine.
If you have a budget of less than $100 or so, a mop or a decent upright vacuum can be a great choice. But, maybe you have $150, that would get you a decent steam cleaner, which would also allow you to clean many other surfaces.
In the end, though, most hardwood floor cleaning machines aren’t that expensive.
Keeping your hardwood floors nice and beautiful doesn’t have to be a challenge. Instead, with the right machine, it can be one of the easiest things you can do!
By reading this guide, looking at the different machines and considering what you need, you aren’t going to have any problems finding the best hardwood floor cleaning machine. And having this machine will keep your floors looking great!
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have any questions, please add them below in the comment section. Similarly, please let us know if you spot any mistakes.
Previously In Our Recommended List
Rug Doctor Jolt Hard Floor Cleaner
The Rug Doctor Jolt Hard Floor Cleaner is a simple and basic floor cleaner. It doesn’t weigh that much, and it’s very easy to move around.
While using this floor cleaner, you just need to move it forward to use the brush roll and water. This cleans up the dirt and gunk from off of the floor. And then, when you want to vacuum up the dirty water, just move the cleaner backwards.
What makes the Rug Doctor Jolt Hard Floor Cleaner especially convenient is the fact that it’s a cordless hard floor cleaner. There is no power cord, just a battery, which is great if you want a simple, quick, and mobile cleaning experience.
Last update on 2021-06-15 / Most affiliate links and/or Images from Amazon Product Advertising API